Are you a movie enthusiast? Is YES, then this blog will definitely give you some time to explore your taste and preferences for short movies!
Produced by Anurag Kashyap and Guneet Monga and co-produced by Viacom 18 and AKFPL, SHORTS is a major compilation of five short movies directed by different directors of par excellence, and stars some tremendous artists, who are keen to change the face of Indian Cinema.
Here is a quick list:
- Director: Shlok Sharma
- Starring: Huma Qureshi, Shweta Tripathi, Satya Anand & Aditya Kumar
- Synopsis: An enthralling tale of a young girl, Sujata highlights the constant male dominance a sweet yet oppressed girl has to tolerate from her cousin brother. With relentless harassment and violence while trying to find freedom for years, she takes an extreme step!
- Director: Siddharth Gupta
- Starring: Richa Chaddha and Arjun Shrivastav
- Synopsis: This movie showcases a relationship, which has nothing alive in it and is just about to die. The two lives entangled in the threads of love and intimacy, their life has an insane twist filled with possessiveness, depression, isolation, desperation and control, which needs to end.
- Director: Anirban Roy
- Starring: Preeti Singh, Sankar Debnath and Kanchan Mullick
- Synopsis: A dark comedy, this short film describes the mind of a teenage girl, who has been prohibited from listening to her favourite American dance music. Her first confrontation from societal pressure and confrontation, she goes on to take revenge!
- Director: Rohit Pandey
- Starring: Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Aditi Khanna
- Synopsis: With the city drowning into the pool of dark violence, there is a man taking care of death! His journey in life changes after he meets a strange woman wandering on the streets in night.
- Director: Neeraj Ghaywan
- Starring: Vineet Singh and Ratnabali Bhattacharjee
- Synopsis: Eaten up by their desire to survive in the bustling city of Mumbai, the movie reflects on the life of Lallan and Meena, a couple from Benaras. It highlights the beauty that has been lost within the darkness of anger, death, divorce and redemption.