Director – Akarsh Khurana
Cast- Irrfan Khan, Dulquer Salmaan, Mithila Palkar, Akarsh Khurana, Kriti Kharbanda
Release Date- 3rd August 2018
Genre- Comedy Drama
Karwaan is a beautiful and heart winning story that spinning around simple emotions of humans. The film revolves around three characters Avinash (Dulquer Salmaan) who gets the call about his father passing away, Saukat (Irrfan Khan) who owns a garage and he ends up delivering wrong dead body of Avinash’s father. And they have to exchange it with the dead body of Tanya’s (Mithila Palkar) grandmother. All of them take a bumpy ride together to find out something else which changes their lives forever.
- Irrfan Khan’s character is the lifeline of the film and Mithila Palkar won sentiments with her expressive actions.
- The director has successfully showcased the simple sentiments.
- The cinematography is amazing to give the audience a pleasing feel.
- Randomness of the events is successful to grip the audience to connect to it.
- The trailer generated much following as for the road trip story but it has the road less travelled and hence it disappoints the audience somewhere.
- Despite being awarded for national, Dulquer Salmaan fails to amaze people.
- The film sacrifices with the screen time of its characters.
- There are a few scenes where the audience may feel bored.