Director: Sunhil Sippy
Star Cast: Sonakshi Sinha, Kanan Gill, Shibani Dandekar, Purab Kohli,
- The film revolves around Noor Roy Chaudhary (Sonakshi Sinha), a journalist at a leading news channel managed by a former war journalist Shekhar (Manish Chaudhari).
- Noor has problems with her life, body, career, and boyfriend.
- With her two besties Zaara (Shibani Dandekar) and Saad (Kanan Gill), she leads a monotonous life.
- During a vacation she meets Ayan (Purab Kohli), a prominent photographer, and starts romancing with her.
- When she returns to her job, her boss gives her an assignment related to an organ-harvesting scam.
- The repercussions and hurdles, she faces change her perspective towards her profession and life.
The film showcases the lives of journalists and how they have to survive in this cut-throat world of showbiz and media.
- The narration is gritty and keeps you at the edge.
- Dialogues are witty and hit the right chord.
- Sonakshi Sinha does full justice with her character.
- Sonakshi fits well as a breezy and a lively journalist.
- With some clever writing, main characters and a fresh idea, the first half of the film is the winner.
- Noor’s take on her life is utter funny.
- Second half of the film is a bit predictable.
- The execution of Noor a self-introspective mode is not too strong.
- The scenes wherein Noor amends with Malati are written in a half-hearted manner.
- Noor’s poem “Mumbai, You’re Killing Me!” is not as effective as it should have been.
Sonakshi’s BEST performance till date!