Director: Kabir Khan
Star Cast: Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, Om Puri, Zhu Zhu, Matin Ray Tangu
- The film is set in a small town called Jagatpur in Kumaon.
- Laxman Singh Bisht (Salman Khan), a slow-witted person lives with his loving and caring younger brother Bharat Singh Bisht (Sohail Khan).
- While others tease Laxman, bully him and call him Tubelight, Bharat protects him whenever needed.
- Suddenly a war breaks out- The Sino-Indian was of 1962.
- Bharat and other youngsters from the town join the Indian army and go on a war front.
- Laxman also tries to join the army but fails the physical test and hence stays back at home.
- Laxman stays alone unprotected, until an Indian woman of Chinese origin Lee Ling (Zhu Zhu) comes from Calcutta to stay there with her son Guwo (Matin Ray Tangu).
- At first Laxman hates them, he is forced to follow the Gandhian principle by Banne Chacha (Om Puri).
- Lee and Guwo turn Laxman’s only friends in a place.
- Laxman keeps asking the army chief posted in town, Major Rajveer Tokas (Yashpal Sharma) when will his brother return from war.
- While others fear Bharat is dead by now, Laxman has his “Yakeen.”
- At the same time, he believes that his brother, who has been captured by the Chinese army will return from the front.
Tubelight Googly Review: Star Performance
- Salman Khan delivers a nice performance but this is certainly not one of his best.
- His chemistry with brother Sohail is the major highlight of the film.
- Sohail Khan pulls off an average performance with his “straight-face” expressions.
- Shah Rukh Khan outshines in his 8-10 minutes cameo. Definitely, the film’s BEST 10 minutes!
- Late actor Om Puri delivers an endearing performance.
- Child actor Matin Ray Tangu is extremely cute and talented.
- Both Matin and Zhu Zhu don’t have much to do in the film.
- Yashpal Sharma puts up a nice performance as the army Major.
The Last Verdict:
The film fails to leave any impact! This Tubelight flickers; fails to shine blazingly.