Director: Vikram Bhatt
Cast: Emraan Hashmi, Gaurav Arora and Kriti Kharbanda
Shaina (Kriti Kharbanda) and her husband Rehan (Gaurav Arora) moves back to Romania after Rehan gets a better professional deal. Before living in Mumbai and now coming to a new place, Regan starts acting strange and reclusive, and talks minimum with Shaina. Also, Shaina starts seeing horrifying ghostly apparitions which scares her to the core. After a month, he finds her all bruised and battered 23 kms. Away from her home, after which she starts acting strange. What exactly happened in that one month? What Raaz is Rehan hiding from her? And how Aditya (Emraan Hashmi) is connected to all this happenings?
- Gaurav Arora took the limelight with his silent but impressive expressions and marvelled acts.
- One of the movies which contain a hitting second half, Raaz Reboot sees some serious storyline.
- The movie has a major twist post interval, which actually piques the interests of viewers.
- Certain scary sequences will actually give you Goosebumps!
- Despite not much space in the first half, Emraan Hashmi has scored the second half to his name.
- The confrontation scene with Gaurav is tremendous.
- Kriti has managed to act well, and has attempted to maintain the essence of the movie.
Not So Hot Quotient:
- The movie contains several predictable scenes and concepts, which actually make you lose any budding interest.
- Vikram Bhatt precisely failed to reboot anything from his previous attempts, and seems to steal his own plots and scenes from his previous movies to make it look more horrifying!
- Mandatory love songs are added to make the movie more engaging, but it actually fails.
- The movie will make you question certain elements, which will majorly go unanswered.
- The movie has nothing new to offer, same old creaking doors, strong gushes of wind, blankets being taken away forcefully etc.
- Kriti Kharbanda’s performance looks monotonous, and doesn’t seem to impress apart from certain instances.
The Vikram Bhatt’s movie has nothing new to offer, and despite an interesting twist, do no justice to horror fans. Go for a thoughtful second half, Gaurav Arora and well, of course, Emraan Hashmi!
Hmm… But Kya Raaz Hai???