Director: Ravi Udyawar
Cast: Sridevi, Akshaye Khanna, Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Ali
Devaki (Sridevi) is a soft-spoken wife and a loving mom but her step-daughter, Arya (Sajal Ali), doesn’t give her that right of motherhood. There is a tension between the two which is visible till that night when everything changes. Arya goes to a party, where she is gang-raped and left to die in a gutter. It’s up to Devaki to get her daughter the justice she deserves.
- Sridevi’s stellar performance is the soul of the movie.
- The way she has carried out the weight with her justice-seeking eyes and remarkable body language is commendable.
- The scene where she howls after seeing her daughter in ICU will give you chills.
- Akshaye and Nawaz support the essence of the movie beautifully.
- Sajal Ali deserves appreciation for her tremendous performance.
- AR Rahman’s score has been seamlessly inserted.
- Cinematography in the second half is stunning.
- Nawaz and Sridevi’s jugal-bandi is the highlight.
- Narrative seems weak at certain moments.
- The pace after second half slows down a little.
- Akshaye Khanna’s screen time was very less and underplayed.
A must watch! Sridevi’s rocking performance will take over your mind, heart and soul!