DIRECTOR: Akshay Roy
CAST: Parineeti Chopra, Ayushmann Khurrana
Abhimanyu aka Bubla Roy (Ayushmann Khurrana), a horror-erotica fiction writer, falls in love with his childhood sweetheart and an aspiring singer, Bindu (Parineeti). After she fails to build up a career in music industry and rejects Abhi’s proposal, he suffers a major writer’s block. After a major denial mode, he finally agrees to pen down for the most dreadful genre, romance, in the form of ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu‘.
- The first half is extremely sweet, and establishes a base about Abhi and Bindu’s childhood connection and love.
- Ayushmann is as cute as a button in this movie, perfectly stating the confused version of love.
- Songs are beautifully composed with heartfelt lyrics. Parineeti’s voice suits the background and mood of the movie.
- Ayushmann Khurrana’s narration adds depth to the whole backdrop.
- Aparajita Auddy as Abhimanyu’s mother is hilarious and pretty natural.
- Director Akshay Roy is a success in capturing the earthy vibe of Kolkata.
- Turns out, Meri Pyaari Bindu is pretty boring and plays along with the complexity of relationships in the most unnerved manner.
- Dialogues lack that natural feeling despite being narrated between two childhood friends.
- Parineeti Chopra goes through a lot of makeover, which has actually affected her acting in many ways.
- Ayushmann Khurrana is repetitive and fails to create that magical chemistry.
One time watch! Purely!