DIRECTOR: Sujoy Ghosh
STAR CAST: Vidya Balan, Arjun Rampal
- The film recounts the story of a mother Vidya Sinha, living a middle class life with her paralysed daughter Mini Sinha.
- Her main focus of the life is to take her daughter to US for treatment.
- Hell breaks loose, when Mini gets kidnapped and Vidya meets with an accident.
- Sub-inspector Inderjeet Singh (Arjun Rampal) is called to investigate the case.
- He recognises her as wanted criminal and kidnapper.
- During the investigation Inder finds Vidya’s personal diary and from there on many revelations are made about Vidya Sinha, Durga Rani Singh, Mini Sinha and even sub-inspector Inderjeet Singh.
- The first half of the film is intriguing and turns out as the best thriller in recent times.
- It keeps you on the edge of your seat with its nail biting content.
- Unlike the first part, Kahaani 2 is not completely based in Kolkata.
- The film is based in a small town of Chandannagar and travels to the beautiful locales of a hill station called Kalimpong.
- Vidya Balan gives justice to her vulnerable as well as destructive mother.
- The pre-climax scene in an abandon house has a spine chilling performance by Balan.
- Arjun Rampal’s natural portrayal of a cop will keep you hooked.
- Sujoy Ghosh deals with the issue like child issue brilliantly.
- It’s firm narrative by Sujoy Ghosh.
- The first half leaves you on a high note, but the second half stumbles along the way.
- The second is more of cat and mouse game between Vidya Balan and Arjun Rampal.
- And the motive of kidnapping is BLAND!!!!
Go for Vidya Balan and Arjun Rampal’s stellar performances. The film will give you chills!