Movie: Jagga Jasoos
Director: Anurag Basu
Cast: Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Saurabh Shukla, Sayani Gupta, Adah Sharma.
Synopsis: The film is the story of a teenage detective Jagga, who is in search of his missing father. In this journey our hero meets our heroin, Shruti and then they two off for a mission. In the run time of ‘Jagga Jasoos’, there’s everything else, with Ranbir and Katrina chasing bent spies, arms dealers, and sundry other smaller fry, while, of course, saving the world.
- With Brilliant acting RK have managed to create a fusion of perfect timing and the magic that is needed in making the film special.
- Director, Anurag Basu showcases his inner child in many scenes, especially the early scenes of Jagga’s childhood.
- The humour and the jokes are old school, the slapstick enjoyable.
- A special shout out to the special effects team and the cinematography for making Jagga a visual treat.
- There is too much of sync and perfection in a lot of moments in the film.
- Katrina’s introduction as the narrator to the different chapters and storylines fell flat.
- Shruti as a character was weak and flawed as compared to Jagga who was rock solid.
The movie deserves a watch but one watch is enough, that’s also because of Ranbir’s Acting, Innocence and Humour.