Director: Shashank Khaitan
Cast: Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Shridhar Watsar, Ankit Bisht
Release Date: 20 July, 2018
Genre: Romantic Drama
Synopsis: On Screen romance of Jahnvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khattar sets a new chemistry goal for us. Dhadak is a story of a young fellow boy – Madhukar Bagla (Ishaan Khatter) who falls in love with beautiful Parthavi Singh (Janhvi Kapoor). She is a daughter of rich influential father, who has huge political ambitions while Madhukar belongs to a middle class family. His parents run a modest restaurant. When Madhu and Parthavi meet, they feel the chemistry and love for each other. On the other hand, her dad believes in class and caste system and makes her apart from Madhukar.
This takes the sting out of the film’s shocking climax.
- The direction of Shashank Khaitan is brilliant. Again he has showcased his brilliant writing skills with impactful vision.
- Ishaan Khattar gives the most outstanding performance and does justice to his role.
- Both the leading characters portrayed the role very well.
- Songs are freaking awesome specially Zingat and the title track Dhadak.
- Cinematographers did their job very well.
Not- So- High Quotient:
- The idea of the story is not new until you watch its climax.
- The first half of the storyline is quite lagging.