Director: Seth Gordon
Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Kelly Rohrbach, Jon Bass, Priyanka Chopra, David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson
Synopsis: Mitch (Dwayne Johnson) and disgraced Olympic swimmer Matt Brody (Zac Efron) are the hots-for-eyes lifeguards at Emerald Bay, Florida. New recruits are Summer (Alexandra Daddario), on which Matt crushes and Ronnie (Jon Bass), who day-dreams about senior lifeguard CJ (Kelly Rohrbach). Things become dark when they start finding dead bodies on the beach and suspect Victoria Leeds (Priyanka Chopra), the eye-candy but vicious business-woman and the new owner for drug smuggling.
- The star cast full of eye-candies- PeeCee, Dwayne, Zac, Alexandra.. the list goes on!
- The chemistry between Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson is epic! Their comic timing is hilarious.
- Priyanka puts up a fine performance as a villain and excels the expectations.
- Alexandra Daddario, Kelly Rohrbach, Jon Bass are good in their shape and supports the story very well.
- If you are the fan of TV series, looking forward to the cameo of David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson is a treat.
- It is an embarrassing adaptation of the popular TV series.
- The movie needs some real action instead of dusty CGIs and lagging story-line.
- Zac is only good till the time he is needed.
- The theme is confusing.
- The entire drug plot is monotonous and bland.
- Censor Board has butchered the movie and clogged every fun moment.
Fan of the original iconic TV show? You can give it a look! And also just for Priyanka Chopra!