Director: Anu Menon
Cast: Naseeruddin Shah, Kalki Koechin, Rajat Kapoor, Arjun Mathur, Suhasini Mani Ratnam
Anu Menon has woven a wholehearted tale about love, life and faith when tragedy comes without knocking even once. The story is told in the best possible way through two characters – Shiv and Tara who goes through life’s most difficult journey as they wait for their dear ones in a hospital.
- Strong cast – All the artists fit perfectly in their respective roles and have excellently justified the characters with their fine acting. Naseeruddin Shah is alone a reason to watch the movie.
- The movie is heart-warming account of two strangers – Tara and Shiv. Both patiently move through the long wait for their spouses who are on the road to recovery in the hospital. And in this journey both develop a deep bonding.
- Movie is a heart touching tale about love, life and their complications which have been artistically shown onscreen.
- Tara and Shiv represent two opposing faces of human nature. Shiv is hopeful that one day his wife will wake up and ask for her favourite Biryani. On the other hand Tara is unsure about what she seeks in her life.
- The movie has some hard hitting scenes to watch, e.g. in one scene Tara angrily bursts out that how she has 1500 friends on Facebook and 5000 followers on Twitter, yet she is all alone in this time of suffering. At which Shiv in an innocent manner asks, “What is Twitter?”
- The generation gap portrayed between Tara and Shiv comes up with some amusing situations in the film.
- The movie shows up the way which one has to pass through when misfortune strikes in the life.
- The storyline of the latter half of the movie is weaker than the first half.
- At some point plot seems to be weak and somewhere it seems to be overwritten.
The Final Verdict
The excellent performance of Naseer and Kalki give enough reason to watch the movie. In a nutshell, the film will surely touch your heart with its moving story.