Director: AR Murugadoss
Star Cast: Sonakshi Sinha, Anurag Kashyap, Konkona Sen Sharma, Teena Singh, Amit Sadh, Urmila Mahanta and Atul Kulkarni
After a long time with a female in the lead, this women-centric movie is grabbing some positive reviews from audience. “Akira” is the remake of its original counter-part Tamil film “Mouna Guru”, which is a male-oriented flick, but AR Murugadoss has given a touch of his now for Akira.
The plot revolves around an honest and kind college girl Akira Sharma, who is passionate about her studies. But every now and then she finds herself at a wrong place and indulging in some maar-peet! But a spiralling incident locks her into a hole full of deceiving people and corruption. How she makes her way back up the rolling ways to prove her innocence is what the movie captures.
- As a protagonist, Sonakshi has proved her excellence, and has delivered a stunning performance.
- She has trained herself to deliver some daring stunts.
- Anurag Kashyap- HATS OFF!!!!! NOTHING MORE!!!! STEALS THE FIRST HALF!!
- The cameos of Akshay Kumar and Raai Laxmi are something to look forward to.
- The first half is thrilling as hell, and keeps you on your toes every now and then.
- The plot is very catchy; direction is marvelous and engages the audience till the end.
- Konkana has made her presence very impressive, and manages to catch her share of limelight.
- Dialogues are witty, and very entertaining to grab upon.
- John Stewart Eduri has provided the movie with a stellar background Score, and the songs are foot-tapping and crooning.
Instead of a Hunky male throwing some punches, this time it’s a badass girl beating the pulp out of goons!!!
Go on! Book the tickets!!!