Director: Ashutosh Gowarikar
Cast: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde, Kabir Bedi, Arunoday Singh
Ashutosh Gowarikar returns to silver screen after a gap of six years with Hrithik Roshan-Pooja Hegde starrer Mohenjo Daro this Friday.
Hrithik Roshan and Pooja Hegde play Sarman and Chaani in the period drama depicting the story of Mohenjo Daro, the ancient civilization. He falls in love with a high-status woman Chaani (Pooja Hegde), the daughter of the priest. In his effort to win her love, he unveils some secrets about Chaani, the city and his past.
- Arunoday Singh and Kabir Bedi bring intrigue to the film.
- The film has an array of good action sequences and Hrithik has done justice with all the sequences.
- With amazing VFX effects and grandiose sets, Mohenjo Daro has carried out well.
- A fresh pairing of Hrithik-Pooja looks good on-screen.
- His transformation from farmer to lover to fighter is fabulous.
- The background score, action sequences and cinematography have resulted in a fine end product.
- The film Mohenjo Daro focuses more on the philosophy of life and less on the historical facts.
- The climax footage is deeply unsatisfactory.
- Gowarikar choses to pass off as the language of the ancient city sound a dodgy version of Hindi.
- Hrithik Roshan boasts his muscular bod, exhibit his dance moves and even flexes his facial muscles, but all his schemes goes in vain.
- Pooja Hegde remains expression-less throughout the film.
- Kabir Bedi howls and frowns but never retains the lunacy that his character is armed with.
Go and watch this film for action-packed sequences, cinematography, screenplay and dialogues.