- Director: Maneesh Sharma
- Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Waluscha De Sousa, Shriya Pilgaonkar
People chanting SRK’s name? That’s the power of his existence! And that’s what makes FAN a very special addition to SRK’s filmography.
This time, Badshah returns to the big screen in a double role with drastic personality differences. Apart from the knocking facial similarities, there is hardly anything similar between the two roles. The movie renders a significant light on the versatility of SRK’s acting persona which the audience to asking for desperately. Something like Swades and Chak De India!
Releasing this week on 15th of April, 2016, FAN is purely dedicated to die-hard fans of SRK. But what irks us the most are these facts about the making of FAN- Something which is making the wait more difficult and killing!
- SRK underwent 3D scanning in the US in order to look alike like his fan, Gaurav. Something new to experience, eh SRK?
- The basic idea for the movie was conceived 8 years before by Director Maneesh Sharma. Well, good to release it out of your kitty Mr. Director!
- Have you ever noticed the movie logo of FAN? Let us give you a SPECIAL HINT: Pictures of Shah Rukh’s Real Fans…!
- Due to security reasons, the movie couldn’t be shot near SRK’s residence Mannat. Instead, Maneesh remodeled the whole house at Mumbai’s Film City! Look at the authenticity!
- Three-time Academy Award winner Greg Cannom was roped in as make-up artist to give SRK the Gaurav avatar. Incredible Greg has previously worked for movies like The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Van Helsing, A Beautiful Mind, and Kapoor And Sons!
- The very first Bollywood movie to ever shot at Madame Tussauds Museum, London- FAN! Visitors can also watch SRK’s statue being recreated as Gaurav. *SELFIE*
- Shah Rukh plays a 20-year old teenager who is a die-hard Aryan’s fan in the movie- nearly half his real age. Does he take some potion of youth or what?
- This is interesting! No one, not even the superstar was allowed to use mobile phones on the sets, as the director didn’t want to leak SRK’s look.
- In order to maintain the dedication and authenticity of the movie, actual shots of the actor’s fans were incorporated in the making of the movie.
- SRK said, “Fan has been the most difficult film of my life and at the same time, it’s the most special film as well”. *Emotional AWW*