Sexy Surveen Chawla was last seen in Hate Story 2 and will next be seen in Ajay Devgn’s Parched. The actress has been riding high on the success of her films and multiple awards. But Surveen had her share of struggles, like any other newbie could on entering Bollywood. Read her explosive revealations about the struggling days and ‘CASTING COUCH’:
- The casting couch offer was proposed by a big Tamil director. The director didn’t know Hindi and had a friend call her proposing the same for a plum role in a very big film.
- She has never faced casting couch in Bollywood
- She feels it may be due to her screen image where she has played bold roles, that make her look like an easy target for the directors.
- She was once thrown out of her PG in Mumbai in the middle of the night as she used to return at 2 am in the night due to the TV serial shoot she was part of.
- When she was at her home in Chandigarh she would think of women who drank, smoked and partied as wanton. But when she moved to Mumbai she did the same and didn’t think anyone had the right to call her that.
- Irrespective of her experiences good or bad, she is grateful for every film and TV serial she was a part of. It all helped as her stepping stone.
- She was initially hesitant of doing 24 season 2 as she felt Indian shows are regressive and repetitive. But agreed for 24 as it wasn’t run-of-the-mill series and also due to Anil Kapoor.
- In Parched she plays a nautanki dancer, which wasn’t easy as she felt her career could’ve ended up that way, if she had give in for casting couch proposal.
- She was broke between 2009-10 and had no offers but Parched quenched her thirst for the right recognition.