Without any Godfather, Lara Dutta has carved a stout, independent and profitable actress in the B-Town. From a small, middle-class background in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh to being crowned as Miss Universe 2000, it’s a list of long-gone struggle.
With many ups and downs, the beautiful actress has conquered every obstacle, is married to the Tennis Superstar Mahesh Bhupathi and is now one of the fit mommies in the Bollywood! A devout Catholic, hearty follower of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and a stylish mom, let’s spill some beans on some of the top facts about Lara’s life on the occasion of her 37th birthday:
- Lara Dutta is the only second Indian to be winning the Miss Universe crown in 2000 after sizzling Sushmita Sen.
- Do you know that she was the only contestant in the Miss Universe pageant to ever get a high score of 9.99??!!! Want to know the question she was asked which impressed judges?
Q- “Right now there is a protest going on right outside here calling the Miss Universe Pageant disrespectful of women. Convince them they are wrong.”
A- “I think pageants like Ms Universe gives us young women a platform to foray in the fields that we want to and forge ahead – be it entrepreneurship, be it the armed forces or be it politics. It gives us a platform to voice out choices and opinions and makes us strong & independent.”
- Irony says that she got the best scores in swimsuit round in Miss Universe pageant, despite being a NON-SWIMMER! Even during her debut movie Andaaz, she was on the verge of drowning when our very own Khiladi Akshay Kumar came to her rescue!
- She is partly Scottish from her maternal side. Her father is a Retired Wing Commander in Indian Air Force.
- Once, she was linked to the World’s most influential Golf Player, Tiger Woods! Gossips never die!
- She is happily married to Tennis star Mahesh Bhupathi and together has a daughter named Saira Bhupathi. Pretty cute family, eh?
- Her own production house is called “Bheegi Basanti Productions” with “Chalo Delhi” as the very first release.
- This is something WHOA! She was approached for a role in The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, but rejected the proposal.
- Apart from being the Universal Beauty, she also won the Gladrags Megamodel and Femina Miss India Universe too!
- During her pregnancy, she released a number of YouTube videos featuring benefits of Pre-natal yoga! Glowing face is what we saw!