“Gabbar Ke Taap Se Tumhe Ek Hi Aadmi Bacha Sakta Ha, Ek Hi Aadmi, Khud Gabbar!!!!”
No one can forget the strong, thrilling and throat-cutting voice that ruled Hindi Cinema for decades. It’s none other than Amjad Zakaria Khan, or popularly known to fans as GABBAR!
But did you know that he was almost dropped from the movie due to his “weak” voice, and some other established actor was considered to be roped in? In shock?
On his Birth Anniversary, here are some trivial facts about Amjad Khan which will surprise you, proving that he will remain etched into our hearts forever:
- Amjad Khan read the book “Abhishapth Chambal”, written by Jaya Bachchan’s father to prepare for his role of Gabbar.
- Danny Denzongpa was the original choice for Gabbar, and not Amjad Khan! (Unbelievable)
- Amjad Khan, FOR THE FIRST TIME, dubbed for a song in the 1977-film ‘Shatranj Ke Khiladi’.
- Amjad was celebrating his son’s birth when he was offered “Sholay”!! Lucky Charm, Eh?
- 40 cuts were taken to complete Amjad Khan’s entry scene in super-hit movie ‘Sholay’.
- Amjad Khan used to call Amitabh Bachchan “Shorty”.
- Amjad Khan mediated for actress Dimple Kapadia against the film producers’ fraternity boycotting her.
- Ghazal evenings were a common sight at Amjad Khan’s Bandra house.