What strikes you when you hear her name, REKHA?
Rekha is an epitome of eternal glam and elegance, and has managed to sustain that in the most beautiful manner. Her whole persona is an extended fusion of black and white.
While some might portray her as a compelling figure dragged along with an unfortunate history, other sees her as an archetype of charisma no actress could ever match.
From being a plump “14-Year Old Sex Kitten” to an “Evergreen Ethereal Beauty”, Rekha has redefined the insights of reinvention. She had a tumultuous life with infamous affairs and love stories, which were full of passion yet an enigma.
In her biography, Rekha- The Untold Story, penned by Yaseer Usman, and on the very famous show Rendezvous with Simi Garewal, she was very blunt about her struggles, her insecurities, her love affairs and her life as an actor and as a person.
Wrapped in a strong smoke of secrets, here are some experts that gave us a peep through that widely-riddled world! Some are her own words, some are penned for her!
- The press lapped up the sensational story of Mukesh’s suicide and featured reports with outrageous headlines like ‘The Black Widow’ and ‘The Macabre Truth behind Mukesh’s Suicide’. His mother’s wail made headlines when she cried, ‘Woh Daayan Mere Bete Ko Kha Gayi. Bhagwan Use Kabhi Maaf Nahi Karega.’
- In her famous interview on Rendezvous with Simi Garewal in 2004, Rekha said, ‘Standing in front of Mr Amitabh Bachchan is not easy.’ She light-heartedly recalled how she used to forget her lines out of nervousness and how one day, Amitabh told her in his baritone, ‘..Zara Dialogue Yaad Kar Lijiyega.’
- Muzaffar Ali, Director of Umrao Jaan, said, “Whenever referring to Amitabh, she always spoke using inko, inhone, like women do who consider themselves married. I think she considered herself married.”
- When Navin Nischol found out that Rekha had been signed as his co-star for Sawan Bhadon, he complained to the producer: “From where did you pick out this namoona [character]? Itni Kaali-Kalooti!
- You can’t come close, really close, to a man without making love. It is sheer fluke that I have never got pregnant so far.- Rekha
- Premarital sex is very natural. And all those prudes who say that a single woman should have sex only on her suhaag raat are talking bull!.- Rekha
- Stories abound about me – that I believe in rebirth, that I believe that I was a princess in my last birth. I do not deny or confirm these stories. I don’t ask for scrutiny.- Rekha
- On the contrary, Mr Bachchan has been one of the best things to have happened in my life. The best teacher, the best guru. Yet there’s no stopping the tongue wagging.- Rekha
- Sindoor looks good on me. Why shouldn’t I wear it?- Rekha
- My kink is that my guy has to be 100 percent Hindustani with a great way of speaking Hindustani.- Rekha
Source| The Quint
Happy Birthday Rekha Ji!!!