Tumhari Chhaya Mein Main Kadi Se Kadi Dhoop Sehan Kar Loongi
Nargis started her acting career as a child artist and later on gave exceptional performances in movies like Talaash-e-Ishq, Taqdeer, Awara, Aag, Shree 420 etc. Her role of a headstrong matriarch in the movie Mother India garnered her worldwide acclaim and made her one the best actresses of her times.
On her birthday today, let’s have a look at some of the lesser known facts about this legendary actress…
- According to daughter Namrata, Nargis was a tomboy in her young age. She was a good swimmer and liked playing cricket as well.
- Nargis Dutt had a great acting career but her “not-so-fulfilling” love relationship with Raj Kapoor compelled her to think of suicide. If sources are to be believed, she even attempted to kill herself before she fell in love with Sunil Dutt.
- Nargis was suffering from pancreatic cancer and went to New York for treatment. She wrote an emotional letter to Namrata Dutt before taking off for the United States.
- Nargis was the first film actress who received the Padma Shri by the Indian Government.
- Rumours suggest that Nargis has an illegitimate child with her suspected love affair with Raj Kapoor. To our surprise, it was none other than beautiful B-town actress Dimple Kapadia.
- To pay respect to this legendary actress, stamps were issued on her name.
- Nargis was a trendsetter, when it comes to fashion. She broke the norm by opting for a short crop. She was fondly addressed as the “Lady in White” given her obssession for white sarees.
- If rumours are to be believed, Motilal Nehru, father of former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, is said to be the maternal grandfather of Nargis Dutt.