Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt requires no introduction. His life has been an open book of layered controversies, and has never shied away speak his mind. With a career span of four decades, Bhatt Saab has not only survived the era, but has flourished in various aspects of life.
With gems like Arth, Saaransh, Daddy, Sadak, Awaargi to his credit, Bhatt has proven his directing talents, and is known to introduce new talents in the industry. You know that Kangana Ranaut, Emraan Hasmi, Ashutosh Rana are his explorations, right???
However, Bhatt seems to be in love with the limelight! An “opinionated” person, must say!!
On his 68th birthday, let’s go through some of the straight-spoken “Statements” which won him accolades as well as criticisms!!
- This magazine shot created a hell lot of controversies and garnered Mahesh Bhatt fierce criticism. A shot with him and his daughter Pooja Bhatt sitting on his lap and lip-kissing!!! What would you say to that?? He even went on to comment,
“If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I’d love to marry her.”
- Rahul Bhatt, who was allegedly relationship with 26/11 Attacks Attacks suspect David Headley openly spoke about his stressed connection with his father. He even called himself a Bastard, saying Mahesh Bhatt never treated him as his own.
“Perhaps if Mahesh Bhatt had been a father to me, I wouldn’t have become friends with (David) Headley.”
- Bhatt Saab is known for his tongue-in-cheek replies, which he surely gave on Koffee With Karan. He ranked Aamir Khan too low, and previously accused Aamir desperate for an Oscar on national TV. He stated,
“Lobbying for the Oscar award in this manner was akin to grovelling before the white man”.
- Kajol, One of the closest friends of KJo, was heavily pointed out by the witty Director on Koffee With Karan, calling her the “most overrated actress” in Bollywood. Karan literally went Speechless!!! He also called Sanjay Leela Bhansali an “overrated director” and Barfi as an “overrated film”. Pheww!
- During the famous AIB roast storm, Bhatt slammed Sonakshi Sinha for her name not appearing in FIRs, saying her misusing her stature as the daughter of BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha. Although he was rebutted when Sonakshi herself came up and informed about her name being present in some FIRs whereas Alia’s was MISSING!!!!
A MAN OF MANY.. TOO MANY WORDS, EH???