Shammi Kapoor hailed as one of the most charming actors of Hindi cinema.
Bollywood witnessed his reign as a leading actor from the late 1950s until the early 1970s.
With his “unusual” dance moves, perfect timing and “killing” looks, Shammi Kapoor was one of a kind.
- Shammi was the son of Prithviraj Kapoor, and the brother of Raj Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor.
- Kapoor have had a fleeting affair with his Brahmachari co-star Mumtaz.
- He was married to Geeta Bali. The duo had two children: Kanchan and Mickey. His wife died of smallpox in the 1960s. Shammi then married Neela Devi.
- Shammi Kapoor was extremely Net savvy. He was the first actor to use the Internet. Kapoor was the founder of various Internet organisations like Ethical Hackers Association and the Internet Users Community of India.
- The girls who stayed in his street tied him a rakhi every year on Raksha Bandhan.
- Shammi Kapoor started his career as a junior artiste in 1948. He earned Rs. 150 a month. He worked with his father, Prithvi Raj Kapoor’s theatrical company for four long years.
- Shammi kapoor shared screen with a large number of newcomers like Sharmila Tagore in “Kashmir ki kali”, Saira Banu in “junglee”
Happy Birthday Shammi Kapoor!!