What is a life without any obstacle; even in e.c.g straight line represents death. So you need a little barrier, a few hichki in your life to make it as eventful as a roller-coaster ride. Hichki is the story of Naina Mathur whose life is an interesting as well as thrilling game. She is suffering from Tourette Syndrome, a tics disorder involving vocal chords but for her ‘what is life without a few hiccups’. Her disorder never comes in between Naina and her aspiration to become a teacher. The movie which is going to be released on 23rd March will surely be another milestone of Rani’s career. If you are not convinced enough to encounter the ‘Hichki’, then here are 5 reasons to watch this Yash Raj Production.
- Hichki is the comeback movie of Rani after the birth of her daughter, Adira. After delivering power-packed performance in Mardaani, she is returning with this movie after 4 years. In this film, she will be seen in a role of a teacher who has a Tourette Syndrome disorder. Due to this disorder, Naina suffers a lot to say a complete sentence at a time. However, all these odds don’t let her stop to achieve her goals.
- Hichki covers the heart touching relationship between students and teacher. After movies like Taare Zameen Par, Chak De India, Iqbal that told the student-teacher relationship in a different way, this movie also goes in the same category but with a little twist as the teacher is already suffering from speech impairment disease.
- Bollywood always tries to inspire people through this mass media. Previously Taare Zameen Par deals with dyslexia and Black has visual impaired and Alzheimer. This time, writers Sidharth P Malhotra and Ankur Chaudhry have brought a new concept in B-town, the Tourette syndrome. Here, society will get a lesson that only a single hiccup neither judge human capabilities and talent nor decide anyone’s future.
- Hichki is based on a true story of a man, Brad Cohen- an American motivational speaker and educator. He told IANS an interview, “I know Hichki will make a difference in the lives of so many people around India and the world”. He also added, “It is a reminder for every teacher about the difference they make in the life of their students. Teaching is the best profession in the world. We need more quality teachers. It is my hope that my story will inspire others to want to grow up and become a teacher”.
- Celebrities’ reviews are really high that goes in the favour of the movie to watch it. Rani screened her movie for B-town actors before it will open in theatres for public. Everyone is appreciating Rani for her performance that she delivered in the movie. Urmila Matondkar said, “Hichki will leave you with a sweet smile, moist eyes and high spirits” while Madhuri stated, “Hichki is a moving and heart-warming film helmed by a brilliant story with a wonderful cast. A strong content-driven film, very well-directed by Siddharth P Malhotra and of course another stupendous performance by Rani”. Other celebrities including Rekha, Karan Johar, Anil Kapoor and Sushmita Sen also liked the movie.