Rafi Sahab has lived into our hearts through his immortal voice, majestic songs and incomparable persona.
A big fan of Wrestling Champion Muhammed Ali, this singing legend gave us melodious jewels like “Kya Hua Tera Waada”, “Chaudhvin Ka Chand Ho”, “Chhoo Lene Do Nazuk Hothon Ko”, “Parda Hai Parda”, “Dard-e-Dil, Dard-e-Jigar” and much more.
His voice continues to woo our sorrows, and his memories refuse to leave us. His persona would bring life to anything, be it sad ghazals, love-struck numbers or exuberant qawwalis.
Take a sneak-peek into the life of Mohammed Rafi Sahab from a new perspective rendered by his well-wishers.
- “Rafi Sahab Ko Shayad Apne Badappan Ka Ehsas Hi Nahi Tha. Unki Nek-Dili Unke Gano Me Saaf Jhalkti Hai”- Om Puri
- “Jab Bhi Mere Geet Ki Recording Hoti Toh Rafi Sahab Bhindi Bazar Se Halwa Laate Aur Hum Sab Ek Sath Baith Ke Use Khate The” – R.D Burman
- “Ab Tak Hai Zamane Pe Jis Aawaz Ka Jadu, Uske Mere Upar Upkar Bade The…
Kehna Hai Rafi ke Liye Bada Mushkil, Insan Bade The Ya Kalakar Bade The..” – Ravindra Jain (Music Director)
- Rafi Sahab Ne Apna Sab Kuchh Sargam Ki Devi Par Nyochhavar Kar Diya Tha, Shayad Tabhi Badle Me Unhone Paya Tha Suron Ka Samundar! – Amin Sayani
- “Maine Dekha Hai Ki Rafi Sahab Jis Raaste Se Guzarte The, Log Us Raaste Ki Dhool Apne Maathe Par Lagate The!” – Usha Timothy
- “Rafi Sahab Was A Very Good Human Being. I Feel So Lucky & Honoured That I Had The Privilege Of Singing With Him.” – Amit Kumar (Son of Kishore Kumar)
- “I, Kishore Da & Other Singers Fought For No. 2 Position, Because No.1 Position Is Already Occupied By Rafi Sahab Even Till Today!!” – Manna De Sahab
- “Kabhi Kisi Ne Rafi Sahab Ko Kisi Par Naaraz Hote Nahi Dekha. Unme Koi AHANKAR Nahi Tha Wo Har-Dil-Aziz Aur Sada-Mizaz Insan The.” – Dilip Kumar
- Rafi Sahab Was A Man Full Of Aura and Serenity. He Always Had His Trademark Smile on His Face and Was Very Spiritual.” – Amitabh Bachchan
Nostalgic enough? Here is a Jukebox of Rafi Sahab’s Top Hits for You: